7th Annual Fermilab-CERN HCPSS
A new era in the exploration of the smallest scales has begun. To realize the full potential of these developments, CERN and Fermilab are jointly offering a series of "Hadron Collider Physics Summer Schools", to prepare young post docs and advanced graduate students for these exciting times in hadron collider physics.
At the present time experiments at Hadron Colliders provide our best vision into physics at the TeV scale. The Fermilab Tevatron experiments are currently exploring the electroweak scale using full collected data set. The LHC is operating at the energy frontier opening a new era in the exploration of the smallest scales accessible to scientists.
To realize the full potential of these developments, CERN and Fermilab are jointly offering a series of "Hadron Collider Physics Summer Schools", to prepare young researchers for these exciting times. The first school took place at Fermilab in 2006, followed by the second school at CERN in 2007. The seventh school will take place August 6-17, 2012 at Fermilab, and will build on the successes of the previous schools.
The target audience is young post docs and advanced graduate students, with a strong interest in hadron collider physics. Both theorists and experimentalists are encouraged to apply. Lectures will be reviews of both the theoretical and experimental underpinnings of hadron collider physics, as well as a number of special topics drawn from other exciting results at the forefront of research. There will also be informal discussions, tours, and social activities. Students will also have an opportunity to visit the nearby city of Chicago.
- Electroweak Interactions and Electroweak Symmetry Breaking
- Heavy Ions
- Beyond the Standard Model Physics (including SUSY)
- Tracking and Muon Detectors
- QCD (including PDFs)
- Top Quark
- Hadron Accelerators
- Trigger/DAQ and Data Processing
- Particle Identification
- Heavy Quarks (except Top)
- Astrophysics Connection to Colliders Physics
- Examples of Specific Analyses to combine information from many of the above topics:
- W mass
- Higgs Boson
Students share feedback here!
- School Dates are August 6 - 17, 2012
- Confirm Participation by May 9, 2012.
- Application deadline is March 25, 2012
- Hadron Collider Physics Summer School
- August 6 - 17, 2012
- The 2012 HCPSS, hosted by Fermilab in Batavia, IL, USA, is the seventh in a series of schools hosted jointly by CERN and Fermilab to prepare young researchers for the current exciting era of exploration of the smallest scales using Hadron Colliders.
- Printable Size
- Click on the poster for a full size version.